On 6/12/17 7:17 AM, Mattis Lind via cctech wrote:

> There is a note in my RS64 manual, page 3-1 / Figure 3-2, that says "Silver
> colour  Soaped water, Dark blue  Special cleaning liquid" and then an arrow
> to the disk surface in the picture.

> Any thoughts about what the "Special cleaning liquid" could be?

No, but I hope you don't have the dark blue coated disk.

One of the designers told me the original platters were rhodium plated to reduce
friction, and they have the problem that the surface gets contaminated due to
air pollution
(apparently a serious problem with them in LA back in the day).

The special stuff probably doesn't react with it.