Hi folks.

I'm new here, but some of you will know me from the VCF forums, where
I go by roberttx.

I've recently picked up a 5110 (BASIC only), along with a 5114 floppy
drive and a 5103 printer. It has all the mandatory cards, but no
optional ones.

It powers on, completes its self test and gets to LOAD0, but several
of the characters are only partially drawn on the screen. The lower
case ones are in better shape than the upper case, but even some of
them are incomplete.

It's always the same characters that are mangled and it's independent
of their position on the screen, so I suspect possible corruption in
the character set, wherever in ROS or the display card it is held.

I've tried changing the country setting on the display card, to no
avail. I've also tried typing out the alphabet and copying the display
to the printer, but I think the print head is gummed up.

So, my first two questions are:

1. Can anybody tell me which card the character set is held on? None
of the manuals that I've looked at provide that info.

2. Can anybody direct me to a pdf copy of the user manual and/or the
service manual for the 5103?

Here's a link to my thread on the VCF, with pictures:
http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?58583-IBM-5110-with-5114-drive-amp-5103-printer&p=467901#post467901

Thanks!