Another vote for the Hakko 472D. You can pick them up cheaply as used
equipment. Do note that if you prefer the gun style handle over the pencil
style, you can interchange them. If you have shop air, there's an even
cheaper Hakko 470B -- I've heard it's a better/more effective pump than the
472D's electric motor driven pump, presumably they sell for less since many
people don't have shop air.

I initially avoided buying a Hakko station due to poor experiences with
them at a previous job. There, they were so bad and unreliable that I just
brought my own spring-type solder sucker from home and used that! Having
rebuilt mine (purchased used, incomplete) and owned it for several years
now, I'm pretty certain the issue was with the guy who was supposed to
maintain it. They do require a lot of cleaning/maintenance, especially if
you're working on old boards that never had the rosin flux removed.

Thanks,
Jonathan