On 7/13/17 10:22 AM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:

> It was horrible--the tip would never stay tinned, the glass collector
> and hose was always in the way (that glass gets *hot*) and the action
> wasn't that good.

That was my experience with Weller and Pace, they clogged way too fast
and you had to wait for the glass to cool to clean them. I made the
mistake of getting another Weller last fall and just gave up
trying to make in work reliably.

The all-in one and pencil Hakkos that I bought after that work amazingly
well and are easy to clean. They also ended up being cheaper in the end
than what I spent on the Weller base unit and all of the repair parts.