I collect older teleprinters (Teletype, Morkrum-Kleinschmidt, etc) and
twice now I've seen where they have had their keyboards removed and the
machine put out for scrap. One a quite rare Navy version of the model 28
known as a compact case variation where someone had used what looked like a
reciprocating saw to cut the keyboard off.