From: cctalk [cctalk-boun...@classiccmp.org] on behalf of ben via cctalk
[cctalk@classiccmp.org]
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 10:45 PM
To: cctalk@classiccmp.org
Subject: Re: Repurposed Art (ahem...)

On 7/18/2017 2:11 PM, Fred Cisin via cctalk wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jul 2017, Ed via cctalk wrote:
>> at least they did not glue a bunch of  gears on it and call it steam
>> punk...
>> I have  run across  weird glued and punked items on  ebay...   what a
>> bunch
>> of  AH's
>
> a model 026 punch is already a masterpiece of steam punk.
>
> A model 029, on the other hand, appeals to trekkies.
>

> I think that a keypunch rationalized as art needs a clock on it:
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Melting-Clock-DT-/262670473087?hash=item3d2861577f:g:kE4AAOSwONBZFFUo

Yes, but the clock runs counter - clockwise.

> --
> Grumpy Ol' Fred             ci...@xenosoft.com

Did any one ever use keypunch to tape or 8' floppy?
Ben.

If you mean a commercial product in hardware, I doubt it. And, it wouldn't be
"keypunch", now, would it?

I did, however, develop a system when I was at West Point (many, many years
ago) that did the equivalent.  I developed a system under UCSD-Pascal running on
Terak 8510 Micro Computers that allowed the offline input off data by the input
(same as keypunch) operators from the USMA Admissions Office. It all went to
8" disks and at the end of the day the shift supervisor used another program I
wrote to transfer it all to the Univac-1100 for overnight batch processing.  I
even
got my picture in the Post Newspaper along with a story about "distributed data
processing" coming to USMA.

bill