On 08/08/2017 21:43, Ray Neal via cctalk wrote:
Rod;

I'm looking for a PDP-8I acrylic Front Panel for my replica PDP-8I I'm
putting together.  I have a PCB board created by Vince and in between
Hospital stays I have been able to populate it.

The next step is to either locate a frame or to find manufacturing drawing
on the aluminum frame so I can make a wax male mold form to allow me to
cast the frame. As a last resort, if I can't find drawing or a frame, then
I will attempt to locate a PDP-8 that the owner will allow me to
disassemble, photograph & take measurements, then reassemble.

Using these I can then create the drawing to allow me to create the Wax
Mold Master.

As for the acrylic if you don't have a panel in stock and don't plan to
create a new order, would you consider placing the artwork into opening
source.  This will allow people such as myself the ability to take the
artwork to a silkscreen printer and have them create the screen prints to
allow for the print of a couple of panels. (When in doubt, creat a spare).

*Note*:  Not the cheapest way to obtain a Front Panel.

Thank you for your time and the work you have done on this project.

Respectfully;

Ray Neal
Hi Ray
           PDP-8/i front panels lots of stock.
I am also working on a replica of an 8/i.
I have a working version of Vince's board.
I also have a new X-Y addressed lamp (LED) PCB layout of my own.
Its designed to be driven by a Raspberry Pi running SIM H and a bunch of low cost I/O boards. (which I already have)
Just add switches and you have the basis of a working 8/i.

I already managed to make a cast resin copy of an 8/e bezel and plan to do the same for the 8/i.

Now here's the interesting bit.
There's clearly an opportunity for us to cooperate rather than duplicate.
I would be happy to send you a 8/i panel FOC in exchange for some other component you may make.

I might venture to suggest the switch panel is an area as yet unaddressed.

What do you think?

Rod Smallwood  - rodsmallwoo...@btintenet.com

--
Wanted one pdp-8/i rocker switch leaver to copy.