On 08/09/2017 10:57 AM, Richard Cini via cctalk wrote:

> "DON'T ASSUME..." AS THEY SAY ON TV. I'M OK WITH THE ADDITIONAL CLARITY.
> SINCE YOU HAVE A WORKING 242, WOULD YOU MIND CONFIRMING THE JUMPER SETTINGS
> FOR ME? JUST TRYING TO ELIMINATE AS MANY POTENTIAL ERROR POINTS.

I had a look and a mental fart.  I have the 842--the full-height model.
I suspect that the jumpers are completely different.

If you can use IMD to format both FM and MFM at 500Kbps on your 242--and
"Analyze" reads the format okay, your SCP disks aren't probably standard
IBM 3740 or System/3 type diskettes.  They could be in a proprietary
recording format, such as Intel MMFM or Futuredata GCR.

--Chuck