On 10/1/2017 12:24 AM, devin davison via cctalk wrote:
I found another HP machine at the scrapyard today. I have another
similar model that boots up to HP basic. I do not see an exact model
number anywhere on it, all i see is Hp 9000/300 on the front. It
appears similar to the other machine i have, although this machine
lacks the vga port and has what looks to be just a composite port
marked Video. I have not managed to get it working with any of my
monitors. All the nicer lcd monitors i have around here just say no
signal. I tried a sony crt monitor, one that is usually my go to for
when my lcd monitors do not work. When connected to a composite jack i
definitely see something somewhat resembling a boot up screen with
letters, but out of focus/sync and un readable.

Does anyone out there know of what kind of video this thing puts out
and what kind of monitor i would need?

The model i have is as seen in the picture on this page at the Hp
computer museum

http://www.hpmuseum.net/exhibit.php?class=1&cat=40

--Devin
We had similar Precision Architecture machines (in appearance), but the monitor and keyboard would have actually been an HP ascii terminal, connected via serial.  no video.

I'm not familiar with the 68000 line your links list.

Also no matter about that guess, the second box has disk drives which are essential to make it run anything much.
thanks
jim