On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 8:24 AM, devin davison via cctalk
<cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:
> I found another HP machine at the scrapyard today. I have another
> similar model that boots up to HP basic. I do not see an exact model
> number anywhere on it, all i see is Hp 9000/300 on the front. It
> appears similar to the other machine i have, although this machine
> lacks the vga port and has what looks to be just a composite port
> marked Video. I have not managed to get it working with any of my

Is the video socket on the main (CPU) board of this machine, or on a
plug-in card? If the latter is there any number on the card?

Can you provide photos of the back of your machine, and if possible the
insides dismantled as far as you dare!

HP did have a strange high-resolution composite monitor used with some
of the HP9000 series. I know it from being used with the HP98204B video
card set. The monitor is an HP35731 and has a horizontal scan rate around
22kHz IIRC. It was actually made by Samsung, and it shows (it's one of the
few cases of the letter 'K' in the serial number for Korea). The build quality
and repairability of said unit are not up to the HP standards of the time...

-tony