I have a Compaq XP1000/667 that’s my primary VMS system.  I picked up a couple
XP1000’s a little over a decade ago when they were affordable, as a replacement
for my AlphaStation 433au.  I need a new power supply for the /500.  I think
the days of hobbyist-friendly prices are largely gone.

Realistically the XP1000 and it’s two external JBOD pull a lot more power than
I like, and I’ve been working to migrate much of my VMS activity to a SIMH/VAX
cluster that the XP1000 is now part of.  Once that’s done, I’m considering
seeing about reviving one of my AlphaStation 200 4/233’s as a “lower power” VMS
workstation.  The one AlphaStation 200 used to run OpenBSD, nearly 20 years
ago.  Other than that I’ve used them for VMS.

Oh, and I do keep one Physical VAX running, it’s a VAXstation 4000/60.  I have
other VAXen and Alpha’s, but they aren’t doing anything.

Zane