> On Jun 14, 2019, at 9:25 AM, Al Kossow via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
> wrote:
>

>> On 6/14/19 8:50 AM, Alan Perry via cctalk wrote:
>> The large A Series work was done in Paoli, King of Prussia, Trediffryn and
>> probably other cities around Valley Forge that I don’t recall.
>>
>> The B1000 work was done in Goleta (Santa Barbara), CA plus mfg in Liege,
>> Belgium. I was responsible for a central piece of system software (GEMCOS),
>> so I knew where the customers were based on bug reports (a large portion of
>> the bugs were from the UK, Ford in Dagenham and the CEGB (Central
>> Electricity Generating Board) in Bristol).
>>
> I have a LOT of stuff that I've collected for the 1700/1800/1900 on bitsavers
> because of its unusual 'microcode per programming language' architecture.
> CHM has a B1955
> https://www.computerhistory.org/collections/search/?s=X2550.2003

That is why I like the B1000. I have been talking to other folks at CHM about
seeing the one there, but need to work on my rationale.

> I may still have some packs in storage.

Do you have a way of reading them? I am interested in seeing if there is
anything readable on the one I just bought.

>> At the most recent VCF PNW, someone who checked out my exhibit told me that
>> there was a B1000, probably in Surplus at University of Washington, but
>> checking with them, they don’t believe they have it.
>
> I don't think a surplus person would know what a 'B1000' would be.
> You probably would have to add the second digit

I didn’t just say ‘B1000’. I described B18xx and B19xx cabinets because the guy
who told me about it wasn’t sure which one it was.

alan