How do they handle the issue of how the drive knows whether it is SS, DS,
or SS flippy?  Or is it assumed that that problem is for the host FDC?
(some DS drives had both SS and DS index sensors, so that they could read
SS in the DS drive, and such a drive is going to see TWO index pulses with
this disk!)