Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2022 10:44 PM
To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts
Cc: Tom Hunter
Subject: [cctalk] Re: Minicomputer front panel.

I cannot understand the mindset of people who buy up components desperately
sought by others who want to restore machines just to nail them to their
man cave or living room wall.
These same types of people vacuum up core memory boards, keyboards, disk
platters, 9-track tapes, etc just for bragging rights and as a result
depriving those who restore and preserve computer systems from doing so.
For some time I have been looking for a PDP-8/e front panel PCB needed to
make a machine complete. Until now I had no luck. No doubt there are dozens
of these hanging off people's walls.
Like Peter I don't care if the PCB is functional, but unlike Peter I can
and will repair it.
Peter please consider the negative impact of your hobby on historically
valuable computer systems.
Tom