I don't know about guessing per se, but ChatGPT can deadpan bullshit with the best of them...

Prompt: /Describe the purpose of the DC LO signal in the DIGITAL PDP-11 Unibus/

Response:

/The DC LO signal, also known as the "Data Bus Low" signal, is a signal that is used on the Unibus of the Digital PDP-11 computer. The Unibus is a bus architecture that was used in the PDP-11 computer to connect various peripheral devices, such as memory, disk drives, and other I/O devices, to the central processing unit (CPU)./

/The purpose of the DC LO signal is to provide the lower 8 bits of data that are transferred between the peripheral devices and the CPU over the Unibus. It is used in conjunction with the DC HI signal, which provides the upper 8 bits of data, to form a 16-bit wide data bus. Together, the DC LO and DC HI signals provide the mechanism for data transfer between the peripheral devices and the CPU on the PDP-11./

/The DC LO signal is used to transfer data in parallel between the peripheral devices and the CPU. The signal is active for the duration of the data transfer, and it is timed with the other signals on the Unibus to ensure that data is transferred correctly./

/It's worth noting that the PDP-11 was a 36-bit word machine and the DC LO and DC HI signals were used to transfer 18-bits of data at a time. It has also a feature of memory mapping, where it can access memory through a virtual address space, allowing more than one peripheral device to be connected to the same address on the Unibus./

--Jay