On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 5:09 PM Tony Duell via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> A couple of questions if anyone has experience of this machine :
>
> 1) There is a 5 pin DIN socket for connecting an external video
> monitor. The signals seem to be TTL-level separate syncs at European
> TV rates (15625Hz horizontal, 50Hz vertical) and separate (not
> composite) 4-level analogue video.
>
> I believe Philips sold a 12" monitor to connect there. What was the
> model number? Is a service manual availabe?
>
> Has anybody linked other monitors to that socket?

Hi Tony,
I enjoyed the restoration description :)

Maybe the popular CM8333 ? I think it was also badged - perhaps with a
different interface - as the Commodore 1084.
It kind of took over from the BBC Microvitec Cub (15kHz, TTL RGB) as an
early Archimedes colour monitor.

https://blog.roberthargreaves.com/2016/04/16/cm8833-repair

I have a Logica VTS Kennet 2400 from about 1985. It was an MS-DOS machine
when those could exist without being PC-compatible. It also had SASI  : the
interface isn't much more than buffer and latch, but formed the basis for
SCSI. We used either a Xebec controller or Adaptec. with ST506 discs. It's
a very simple interface,  a subset and predecessor of SCSI I think. I have
extensive manuals for the machine which include the SASI interface  and the
command set. I did have a SASI controller on it at one time - it might
still be there.