I loved it. I would only suggest a human narrator like your daughter would be
great. But I don't like the computer generated narration (I am right about the
computer narrator, aren't I?).

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Lewis via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 8, 2023 11:54 AM
To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
Cc: Steve Lewis <lewiss...@gmail.com>
Subject: [cctalk] Re: on the origin of home computers

Adrian,

> There's a long tail to the video with no video and blank audio. After
> a while, a section of audio from the main flow is repeated.

Thanks, yeah that was a left over to compare an alternate ending.     One
idea is to make it such that the video can "loop" seamlessly for continuous
play, at say a museum.   And the plan is to put it under Creative Commons
since I'm told that's the best way to help ensure it can be re-used without
question.

The plan was to keep it to 10min - at one point we had it up to 30min!!
 Minus the inadvertent excess, it'll be exactly 15min.  A part2 might focus
more on the Z80 and 6502 lines themselves, or I was thinking a kind of bio on
the actual engineers involved ("the names and faces").

Canada is represented also :)  And I just recalled, the "TK-80" (training kit
Z80 board) is also a "made in Japan" item (and led to the PC-8001 in '79), it
probably needs a flag (and I wanted to show a France flag for the Micral-N --
but in the effort to keep it closer to 10min, we just couldn't cover every item
to keep a reasonable tempo). So then we debated to not have popup flags at all,
but I felt it was important to note that there was international involvement
here.

-Steve