Still catching up.

> Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 06:39:16 +0000
> From: Lars Brinkhoff via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>

> I believe the term minicomputer was first applied to the PDP-8.  It was kind
> of retroactively applied going back to the PDP-1.  Whether the PDP-10 is a
> mini is sometimes hotly debated.  IBM people say no, DEC peole say yes.

Lars, you have that backwards.  DEC people *know* that the PDP-10 et seq. were
mainframes (with the single exception of the DECSYSTEM-2020 office computer),
while IBMers don't think anything not built by the Mother Ship is a mainframe
(if it was build after the System/360 announcement, which came 3 weeks after
the DEC announcement of the PDP-6, also a mainframe).

                                                                Rich