On 9/4/2023 3:31 AM, Raymond Wiker via cctalk wrote:

On 2 Sep 2023, at 15:07, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
wrote:

On 9/1/2023 11:45 AM, dwight via cctalk wrote:
My first computer was a Poly-88. I had no monitor and no keyboard.
I read and understood the instructions about finding a TV that used a
transformer power supply. Many newer TV's of that day were not using a
transformer for the main supply. I went to several secondhand stores and found
one that would work.
The keyboard was from a surplus Singer data entry machine ( I thought they only
made sewing machines ).

Believe it or not, at one time they even made Flight Simulators. Early 70's I
wanted

to work at their Binghamton, NY facility but like IBM in Endicott I couldn't
even get my

foot in the door.

bill

The Singer Link F-16 simulator used Norsk Data superminis (initially ND50, but
later ND500). This is not really relevant to S-100 and video monitors, but I
like to mention Norsk Data whenever the opportunity arises.

Our Singer Link facility was gone by the time the F-16 came around.  Think F-4 and maybe even

F-104 when I was trying to get a job.  Not sure if they did helicopters, too but it would have been

UH-1, Cobra and Chinook.

bill