Do you have one of those eprom programmers which also do device checks ?
They might do a check of the supposed faulty ram out of circuit. If you
don't have one you could probably write one for any convenient device you
have to hand such as an arduino. Exercising the ram with port writes will
be painfully slow compared with a normal ram test but with only 2K to test
it shouldn't take too long.