> On Mar 26, 2024, at 2:59 PM, steve shumaker via cctalk
> <cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> and,  if you inquire in the right places, there is law enforcement focused
> forensic analysis software specifically designed to acquire RAID volumes and
> rebuild the data.
>
> Steve

Yes, though from the one time I encountered that use case I have my doubts
about it.  I was asked to help with such a forensic analysis case, and the
person I worked with started by asking me about the "BIOS settings" on our SAN
array, and whether the setting was "left to right" or "right to left".  For
some reason, that person could not cope with answers like "we don't have a
BIOS" and "neither left-to-right nor right-to-left".  Once I hit that road
block I decided not even to bother mentioning that our SAN device included page
based virtualization.  Never did hear anything further.  :-)