On 3/25/2024 9:51 PM, Henry Bent wrote:
On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 at 20:14, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org <mailto:cctalk@classiccmp.org>> wrote:

    Oops.  I guess the fingers work as good as the memory.  Sorry
    about that.  I've got about 20 of them.  I know they haven't
    been used since they were taken out of the VAX Cluster I ran
    at the University.  Nothing I have used the SB boxes with since
    then would know what to do with 9GB of disk space.  :-)
    But, if needed I could probably test them on a PC I have with
    an Adaptec SCSI in it.  It's intended for Ersatz-11 but I expect
    does could use a disk that big.  Too bad there's no way to read
    them.  Might be some interesting stuff left behind by the VAX.

Why is there no way to read them?  If you have a PC with a SCSI card you can easily boot into the Linux or BSD distro of your choice and make a dd (or ddrescue) image of the entire drive, which could then be accessed by whatever means.

These disks were part of a really large RAID array in a SAN connected to
the VAX cluster.  There is no way of reconstructing it and so no way to
extract usable information.

bill