I was an operator (summer job and weekends during college), we had a bunch of
model 30s, each with at least 2 card readers and 2 printers.  most work was BG
or F1 running jcl which read in a 1401 program from cards.

we also  had one model 30 with only 32k memory, usually used for check sorting.
when not, it sat idle, except I was the only one who read the directions to use
the switches and  could run TWO 1401 emulation jobs on it.

<pre>--Carey</pre>