Yes, in those days, magazines were printed, and mailed out, or shipped to newstands before their nominal date, in order to be delivered by their nominal date. The intent was that people would have it by January 1st, so it would arrive in late December. So, the January 1975 one would have been written, copyrighted, and printed in November or December 1974.