You are right. I got confused with Ubuntu in which installation of a service enables it and runs it as well.
In Arch it needs to me explicitly enabled, and I forgot this.

So, everything is fine on Arch and Manjaro the only additional step is to install rpcsvc-proto.

On Debian testing I still have to learn why dtterm stair-steps the prompts until it is reset.
(this problem does not appear on Arch).

Thanks for all the help,

Antonis.