Hi,

I'm not entirely sure what the question was but -

The lone-pair is treated like an implicit hydrogen and is placed where the
central atom is. In the internal representation this means one of the
neighbours will also be the central atom.

For example in (your email client might cut the tail off with this inline
image):
[image: Inline images 1]

We have
    central atom: 7
    neighbours: {6, 7, 8, 9 } // note 7 appears in the neighbour list
    winding: clockwise

The winding is looking from 6 towards {7,8,9}.

Try these in http://cdkdepict-openchem.rhcloud.com/depict.html:

Cc1cnc(C[S@@](=O)c2[nH]c3ccc(cc3n2)OC)c(C)c1OC

Cc1cnc(C[C@@H](O)c2[nH]c3ccc(cc3n2)OC)c(C)c1OC
> Cc1cnc(C[C@H](O)c2[nH]c3ccc(cc3n2)OC)c(C)c1OC

PS, you don't need this for your code if you ditch the CDK aromaticity:

        // prepare atom types
>         try {
>
> AtomContainerManipulator.percieveAtomTypesAndConfigureAtoms(mol);
>         } catch (CDKException e) {
>         e.printStackTrace();
>         }
>
>         // add implicit hydrogens
>         try {
>
> CDKHydrogenAdder.getInstance(mol.getBuilder()).addImplicitHydrogens(mol);
>         } catch (CDKException e) {
>         e.printStackTrace();
>         }

Then you can use this -

new Aromaticity(ElectronDonation.daylight(), Cycles.or(Cycles.all(),
> Cycles.edgeShort()));

Regards,
John W May
john.wilkinson...@gmail.com