>From: Alexander Skwar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>So sprach =BBSam Halliday=AB am 2001-11-27 um 16:49:31 +0000 :
>> which device must i allow them to use in order that this scheduler can be=
>=20
>> utilised in cdrecord, and thus preventing buffer underruns under certain=
>=20
>> circumstances?

>I have the same setup (Mandrake) as you, and those are my permissions:

>[askwar@teich RPM]$ ls -la /usr/bin/cdrecord /dev/scd0=20
>brw-rw----    1 askwar   cdwriter  11,   0 Aug 30 11:54 /dev/scd0
>-rwsr-s---    1 root     cdwriter   183324 Aug  2 20:56 /usr/bin/cdrecord*

You should not install cdrecord or any tool from cdrtools "sgid".

While cdrecord/cdda2wav/readcd/mkisofs are prepared to work in a SUID
einvironment, there is nothing that handles SGID. Installing SGID causes
security problems (see man pages..)

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]               (uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           (work) chars I am J"org Schilling