>From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Wed Nov 28 17:38:11 2001

>On 28-Nov-01 Joerg Schilling wrote:
>>>find / -perm +1000 on your system does produce not even *one* file?
>
>> 1) you don"t really mean 1000 which is the sticky bit?

>I used the plus meaning "this value or higher" i.e. including suid and sgid

There is no such meaning of the -perm parameter!

See: http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/7908799/xcu/find.html

You are using a nonstandard "find" :-(

>But much more interesting:

>How is the cdrecord implementation of the suid privileges? Does it run with
>full privileges only for the necessary operations (like scheduling and
>/dev/sgX access) and otherwise with the permissions of the user?

>I think I can remember some comment in the cdrecord documentation which more
>or less states that cdrecord is at least "well behaved" set suid root and
>your suggested way of installing it.

Please read the man page....

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]               (uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           (work) chars I am J"org Schilling