On Son, 02 Feb 2003, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Looks like you found a usage/buy protected media which is not a real CD.
>
> >The CD plays fine in my audio cdplayers.
>
> If it really does not help to reduce speed to 4x (speed=4)
> or/and to call 'ms -ss' to switch the drive to single session only
> I would be interested..

On Son, 02 Feb 2003, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> There is nothing like a copy protected audio CD. The Audio CD standard

I have a similar problem with a Audio CD which plays fine in my SOund
system, but not in the CD changer in my car. Till now I could make
copies of all these discs for my private (car) use but the one I found
was really impossible to copy. I tried several approached (cdda2wav,
cdfs, cdparanoia, readcd, ...) nothing worked. It looks like it is a new
protection scheme calles key2audioXS. I suspect this because I have
already some CDs with key2audio which didn't pose a problem. Reading
this new Audio CD I get millions of scsi read errors (ide-scsi), and
then within seconds the files are existent in the right size, but
contain only rubbish.

Bottomline: What to do without buying a plextor drive (I do not have
one)?

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>         Technische Universität Wien
SUTTON and CHEAM (nouns)
Sutton and cheam are the kinds of dirt into which all dirt is
divided. 'Sutton' is the dark sort that always gets on to
light-coloured things, 'cheam' the light-coloured sort that clings to
dark items. Anyone who has ever found Marmite stains on a dress-shirt
or seagull goo on a dinner jacket (a) knows all about sutton and
cheam, and (b) is going to tome very curious dinner parties.
                        --- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff