Eric Wanchic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Reason 2: I finally went to |#cdrkit| on |irc.oftc.net |and waited four
> days before I finally got a response. One of the chat members stated:
>  1. I see you have found one of our bugs. I think we are long overdue
> for an upgrade.
>  2. Sorry, I can't help you. I've never worked with multisession DVD +Rs.
>  3. Why don't you try
> http://www.mail-archive.com/cdwrite@other.debian.org/info.html. They
> might be able to help you.

Well, there is no project activity on "cdrkit" since May 6th 2007.

Even before, the majority of the changes have been caused by the replacement of
the original build-system by something else and this was a really strange act,
see:
        http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/linux-dist.html#license

for more information.

It seems that the people who are sesponsible for "cdrkit", finally found that
they don't have the time nor the skills to work on the source. There are many
open bug reports against cdrkit from various Linux distributions and even
simple to fix bugs have not been fixed since more than 9 months.

> Reason 3: I see there is a really big mess right now with this whole
> wodim - cdrecord - growisofs - genimageiso, whatever. All I want is to
> burn a multisessin DVD+R win a command line environment so I can do
> backups. Whatever I can get to work, thats fine. Basicly, after spending
> a week with growisofs / genimageiso and getting no-where, I'm tryng
> something else I haven't tried before. I'm reading and trying as much as
> I intellectually can before I ask for help. I was able to get a lot
> further in cdrecord, but however I can get this done, that's what I'll do.

I internally have a multi-border aware cdrecord, but this would introduce
instability that I cannot have today. I am planning a new "stable" release
very soon after I reveived recent test results for the MacOS X support from
helios.de

The next development period will include multi-border support for DVDs
in cdrecord.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)