Matt wrote:
> I have concluded that they are now talking about the web site and not
> keywords in general.
>
> My assumption was that the category field selections are not persisted
> in the model metadata at all.

Actually they are.  Keywords are defined in the CellML metadata specifications
and are already being used in various files.  Feel free to check the CellML
files of the old repository and scroll down the to keyword section.  An example
follows.

>From http://www.cellml.org/examples/models/beeler_reuter_model_1977.html:

      <!--  Keyword(s) -->
      <bqs:reference rdf:parseType="Resource">
        <dc:subject rdf:parseType="Resource">
          <bqs:subject_type>keyword</bqs:subject_type>
          <rdf:value>
            <rdf:Bag>
              <rdf:li>ventricular myocyte</rdf:li>
              <rdf:li>electrophysiological</rdf:li>
            </rdf:Bag>
          </rdf:value>
        </dc:subject>
      </bqs:reference>

I do understand it may be different from the full CellML metadata specification
as found in
http://www.cellml.org/specifications/metadata/cellml_metadata_1.0#sec_bqs, but
all other models pretty much follow this RDF format and so I wound up having to
follow the above format to pick up the keyword metadata.

> I would have liked some indication that the 'categories' used also end
> up in the model keywords attributed to the model in addition to the
> keywords supplied by the author when creating or uploading the model.

That is already the case, the 'categories' *are* keywords that are chosen by
Peter as a selectable choice in the filtering drop box for the repository
listing.

> I would like there to be as many keywords allowed as the
> author/uploader wants (perhaps just a lines field will do for now for
> this). Constraining them to a single extra keyword in addition to a
> selected category makes no sense to me.

In the Edit Keyword interface, any keyword of the model that matches one of the
'blessed' keywords will be highlighted in the category list.  All other
keywords will be in the lines field editor.  Feel free to log into the site (I
assume you have an account) and try out the editing interface.  I do agree it
is currently slightly clunky, but James has no complaints with it and he has
already added/verified keyword for half the curated models (I think) of the
repository.

Again, the category field is a *subset* of keywords to limit the number of
choices in the filtering menu and not a distinct entity.

Hope this clear things up.

Tommy.