Hi Randall,

Two quick points. PCEnv is an Auckland tool and as discussed previously
it should be kept quite distinct from the community sections of
cellml.org - i.e., there shouldn't be a common tracker for PCEnv and the
specifications and cellml.org etc.

Secondly, Matt and I have been looking into the use of the Plone
Software Centre for dealing with the core CellML projects
(specifications, model repository(s), and API). While not perfect this
seems a good way to start collecting proposals and turning them into
actual action items in associated trackers. While this effort has kind
of stalled as things like the test server and python/plone upgrades are
happening, you can see an initial start at
http://www.cellml.org/Members/andre/andre-s-test-cellml-centre/. If
you're looking into this sort if thing (or anyone else out there) it
would be great if you can have a play around in there and let us know
what your thoughts are.

Andre.

Randall Britten wrote:
> Hi
>
> At last week's meeting, we listed some items for the updated roadmap for
> PcEnv.  The existing roadmap/milestones list is quite out of date.
>
> I am considering using the PcEnv tracker to manage this list, in the
> hope that as features are implemented, they will be marked as resolved
> in the tracker, facilitating keeping the list up to date.
>
> This approach could also be used for the other roadmaps, e.g.
> repository, specifications, general cellml site etc.
>
> In my experience on previous projects, using some form of tracker for
> roadmaps works well.
>
> Although PloneCollectorNG seems inferior (in my opinion) to other
> trackers (e.g. Jira), it has the advantage that it is integrated into
> the rest of the site.  So, in the interest of taking small steps, I
> think we should stick with it for now.
>
> Your feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Randall

David Nickerson, PhD
Research Fellow