Hi all

Another option to add to the mix: using a Wiki.  In this case, I would
specifically suggest MediaWiki (a la Wikipedia).
Pros:
-Widely used, lots of user familiarity.
-Easy collaboration: edits done via web interface.
-Built in diffs and revision history.
-Linking when done via web interface works well.
-Can be rendered as PDF on demand (haven't tested this myself, but docs say
it can be done).

Cons:
-Requires setup and maintenance of another content management system.

Unsure:
-Usually Mathml handled with LaTex substrings, not sure how to handle MathML
in MediaWiki.

Regards,
Randall