Ned Slider wrote:
Ralph Angenendt wrote:

b) Opening up the wiki

We had some more or less internal talks about that on Fosdem and via
mail and on IRC. While the situation we have at the moment keeps
spammers away, it also keeps away people who would like to edit stuff on
the wiki or just correct an error on the page, as they have to create an
account, subscribe to this mailing list *and* get access to pages they
want to edit or correct.

Opening up the wiki completely does mean, that we will have to deal with
spam, so we need an active Editor Group for the wiki - people who get
mails for each page which has changed (maybe even for comments, see
above) and check that against our (nonwritten) policy.

So how would that work - you could post/edit without even having an account? I see how that would lead to spam.

You will still need an account to edit the wiki, and we increase the bar for creating that account a little bit ( by making sure the email address specified is unique, non spammy and deliverable ). So anyone could get an account instantly.

--
Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/  : [EMAIL PROTECTED]