Ned Slider wrote:
The more I think about this, and in relation to the whole WebSite2 vision, I'm wondering if a simple static page at www.centos.org is all that may be needed combined with wiki.centos.org for content/docs etc, forums.centos.org, MLs and IRC for support, and projects.centos.org/trac for the other stuff.

as has been repeatedly pointed out on this list and other places, that is not going to happen unless there are certain benchmarks met. I dont see any effort towards that at the moment, so no - that wont be happening anytime soon.

i'd be happy to work with any group of people who want to setup and run a documentation sub-sig that address's the issues of content navigation and content management from both sides : (1) the project and (2) the distro. Both of which are very different from each other.

At least with a simple static front page that say what the project is all about and links to the important areas it's not something that needs updating and thus isn't a burden on those who can least afford the time plus then the Wiki editorial group could take on much of the rest hopefully freeing up the core devs to do what only they can do. The Wiki could host much of the content that's currently on www.centos.org.

Actually no. the wiki is incapable of hosting more than 15% or so of the content in www.centos.org - but if you think that more can be moved over, I'd like to hear how you worked that out :D

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/  : [EMAIL PROTECTED]