Scott Silva wrote:
on 11/28/2007 12:03 PM Guy Boisvert spake the following:
Hi all!

I have a problem with CentOS 4.4 and Communigate Pro 5.0.9. As our user number grows, we are seeing "too many files open" error messages in Communigate logs.

I spoke with Communigate tech support and they asked me to increase the number of file descriptors which i did. I put 128000 as a script i made to check Communigate open files reported as high as 99000. As i checked the Communigate log file, it reported that it "sees" 1024 "available" file descriptors.

    Reporting that to Communigate tech support, the guy answered:

"CommuniGate gets this number via getdtablesize() system call. Probably in CentOS the table has a fixed size so you need to recompile the kernel to expand it. Try upgrading CentOS to 4.5 (or whatever later version is available) "

I'm a little afraid of upgrading the server right away, i don't want to worsen the problem. Or maybe it's safe to do it. I dunno.

Is there anybody on the list that can comment on what the Communigate tech support guy said about the "getdtablesize" thing ?

Thanks in advance!

Guy Boisvert
Was this thread hijacked, or is Thunderbird being stupid again?

Sorry, i dunno what happened.  I reposted it.

Ideed i used Thunderbird but i was on a Winblows WS... (Not always a choice depending where you work!)

Guy Boisvert