Need a PCI-E sound card with low profile bracket, optical out, and one of those mini-din connectors that fans out into various analog connectors.

Only card I have been able to find so far uses a CM8828 chipset.

Looks like that chipset is natively supported by the kernel alsa driver starting in 3.17 kernel but CentOS 7 uses 3.10 kernel.

I did not see a package that was obviously for that chipset in elrepo.

Has that driver been backported into the RHEL/CentOS 7 kernel, and if not, is it in elrepo?

Worst case scenario I suppose it may be possible to port the driver like many of the elrepo drivers have been, but not sure I want to buy hardware based on a "may be possible"

Thanks for any comments.

--
-=-
Sent my from my laptop, may not be able to respond timely