On Wed, 24 May 2017, hw wrote:

Paul Heinlein schrieb:
 On Tue, 23 May 2017, m.r...@5-cent.us wrote:

> >  Centos 7 with a more recent one, like 5.24?  At least the
> >  state feature is required.

 Perl 5.24 is available in SCL, in the centos-sclo-rh repository.

Thanks, I tried rh-perl, and it worked for a test. It does not replace the existing perl installation. You have to explicitly use that version.

Not replacing the existing system Perl is a feature, not a bug. It allows the 'Enterprise' side of CentOS to keep going with no unexpected surprises.

I?m not sure if that?s possible for CGI. I do get 5.24 after running 'scl enable rh-perl524 bash'. Is there a way to get that for CGI?

It all depends on how you launch your CGI, but in general there shouldn't be a problem beginning your script with

#!/opt/rh/.../perl

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinl...@madboa.com <> http://www.madboa.com/