Hi Joseph,

If I recall correctly, there is also an issue of privacy and cookies with
such as external websites.
I must admit i'm not sharing the same extremist point of view of privacy
concern as others within the movement are sharing. But as I know there is a
big issues around that with many of the editors, I think it's worth to
mention it.

But aside of that. Youtube it's a commercial website, why do we directing
traffic to Youtube and not for example - embedding the live video on a post
on our blog (as I know we can't embed it on Wiki) - and then would
benefit from driving traffic to our own sites as well as avoiding (a
direct) privacy issues (as there is also using of cookies when you embed
videos)

*Regards,Itzik Edri*
Chairperson, Wikimedia Israel
+972-54-5878078 | http://www.wikimedia.org.il
sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment!