On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Teyo Tyree <t...@puppetlabs.com> wrote:
> Ha, that would be an interesting experiment indeed. I think Francois would
> like to have the Puppet module done sooner rather than later. Are the
> current Chef cookbooks functional enough for us to get started with them as
> a reference?

I think so. They Work For Me(tm). The ugly stuff is mostly things like
needing to wait a few rounds due to Chef's asynchronous data store,
and it's missing just about all internal documentation; the
user-visible aspects have a decent write-up, but nothing explains e.g.
what exactly /var/lib/ceph/bootstrap-osd/ is about.

I'd love to help you work through that though, so please keep talking
to me and make me explain everything in enough detail. It's just that
I don't have anything except source to give you right now.

The end user Chef deployment docs are at
http://ceph.com/docs/master/install/chef/
http://ceph.com/docs/master/config-cluster/chef/

The cookbook is at https://github.com/ceph/ceph-cookbooks and
currently it assumes Ubuntu 12.04.