I see that v0.55 will be the next stable release.  Would it be
possible to use standard tarball naming conventions for this release?

If I download http://ceph.com/download/ceph-0.48.2.tar.bz2, the top
level directory is actually ceph-0.48.2argonaut, not ceph-0.48.2 as
expected.  Downloading
http://ceph.com/download/ceph-0.48.2argonaut.tar.bz2 yields a slightly
more expected result, but still isn't the typical *ix style of
name-version.tar.  This is very annoying in some build systems, which
have that assumption.  I've actually been extracting the tarballs,
renaming the top level directory, then recompressing them.

It would be great if we didn't have to do that with the next release,
e.g. extracting http://ceph.com/download/ceph-0.55.tar.bz2 would yield
a top level directory of ceph-0.55.