From: "Loic Dachary" <l...@dachary.org>
To: "Ceph Development" <ceph-devel@vger.kernel.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 9:13:04 AM
Subject: timeout 120 teuthology-killl is highly recommended

Hi Ceph,

Today I did something wrong and that blocked the lab for a good half hour.

a) I ran two teuthology-kill simultaneously and that makes them deadlock each
other
b) I let them run unattended only to come back to the terminal 30 minutes later
and see them stuck.

Sure, two teuthology-kill simultaneously should not deadlock and that needs to
be fixed. But the easy workaround to avoid that trouble is to just not let it
run forever. Even for ~200 jobs it takes at most a minute or two. And if it
takes longer it probably means another teuthology-kill competes and it should
be interrupted and restarted later. From now on I'll do

timeout 120 teuthology-kill .... || echo FAIL!

as a generic safeguard.

Apologies for the troubles.

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre