On Thu, 2015-07-30 at 15:01 -0400, Ali Maredia wrote:
> After discussing with several other Ceph developers and Sage, I wanted
> to start a discussion about making CMake the primary build system for Ceph.
>
> CMake works just fine as it is (make -j4 on master with CMake builds
> 350% faster than autotools!), but there's more work needed to make it
> into a first-class build system.

I been using cmake on fedora for awhile because it is much much faster.
I encountered several issues:
1. It breaks for time to time
2. no make check , I started working on it
(https://github.com/oritwas/ceph/tree/cmake_add_make_check) the main
issue is that part of the unit tests fail when run in the cmake build
location. We will need to fix those tests.
3. no vstart.sh , starting working on this too but have less progress
here. At the moment in order to use vstart I copy the exe and libs to
src dir.

Orit