On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 11:57 AM, Oliver Fuckner <o...@fuckner.net> wrote:
> How do I debug expander behaviour? I know lsiutil, but is there something
> like iostat for sas lanes/phys? Talking about oversubscription: What I
> really try is 24 streams to one SSD-mirror. So I will probably need more
> ssds, okay...

Just by testing simultaneous writes to all your drives and seeing what
happens, basically.

> > I would test the write behavior of your disks independently of Ceph (but
> > simultaneously!) and see what happens.

> well dd to the ssds also shows 400MByte/sec with 4MByte blocks.

Ah, they're in a RAID-1 mirror with all 24 going to it? Yeah, 24
simultaneous streams is beyond what a lot of controllers and drives
can handle very well. Try running multiple streams to the drives and
see what their average, deviation, and aggregate bandwidth is. :) I
expect that's the issue.
-Greg