I am still very new to ceph and I have just set up my first small test cluster.
I have Cephfs enabled (named cephfs) and everything is good in the dashboard. I
added an authorized user key for cephfs with:

ceph fs authorize cephfs client.1 / r / rw

I then copied the key to a file with:

ceph auth get-key client.1 > /tmp/client.1.secret

Copied the file over to the client and then attempt mount witth the kernel
driver:

mount -t ceph ceph-n4:6789:/ /ceph -o
name=client.1,secretfile=/root/client.1.secret
mount error 1 = Operation not permitted

I looked in the logs on the mds (which is also the mgr and mon for the cluster)
and I don't see any events logged for this. I also tried the mount command with
verbose and I didn't get any further detail. Any tips would be most appreciated.

--

Scott Dungan
California Institute of Technology