Hello together,

@Alex: I am not sure for what to look in /sys/block/<dev>/device
There are a lot of files.Is there anything I should check in particular?

You have sysfs access in /sys/block/<device>/device - this will show a lot
> of settings.  You can go to this directory on CentOS vs. Ubuntu, and see if
> any setting is different?

@Matthias: yes the kernel is an old one (3.10.0-1160.76.1.el7.x86_64)
The await values are not significantly different (something 0.2 and 3 for
read and 0.1 and 0.4 for write)

@Anthony: Thanks for the link. Very nice read.