Hi Sven,
I am searching really hard for defect hardware, but I am currently out of
ideas:
- checked prometheus stats, but in all that data I don't know what to look
for (osd apply latency if very low at the mentioned point and went up to
40ms after all OSDs were restarted)
- smartctl shows nothing
- dmesg show nothing
- network data shows nothing
- osd and clusterlogs show nothing

If anybody got a good tip what I can check, that would be awesome. A string
in the logs (I made a copy from that days logs), or a tool to fire against
the hardware. I am 100% out of ideas what it could be.
In a time frame of 20s 2/3 of our OSDs went from "all fine" to "I am
waiting for the replicas to do their work" (log message 'waiting for sub
ops'). But there was no alert that any OSD had connection problems to other
OSDs. Additional the cluster_network is the same interface, switch,
everything as public_network. Only difference is the VLAN id (I plan to
remove the cluster_network because it does not provide anything for us).

I am also planning to update all hosts from centos7 to ubuntu 20.04 (newer
kernel, standardized OS config and so on).

Am Mo., 5. Dez. 2022 um 14:24 Uhr schrieb Sven Kieske <s.kie...@mittwald.de

--
Die Selbsthilfegruppe "UTF-8-Probleme" trifft sich diesmal abweichend im
groüen Saal.