On Sat, May 11, 2024 at 6:04 AM Adiga, Anantha <anantha.ad...@intel.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Under the circumstance that a ceph fs subvolume has   to be recreated ,
> the  uuid will change  and   we have to change  all  sources  that
> reference  the volume path.
>
> Is there a way to provide  a  label /tag  to the volume path  that can be
> used for  pv_root_path so that we do not have to change  any references OR
> any suggestion  to address this need ?

No, the 'subvolume create' cmd doesn't take the existing volume path.  But
you can create (recreate) it with the same subvolume name.
Could you explain a bit more on the circumstance that requires this ?
Is the expectation to keep the below path unchanged with new subvolume
creation ?
pv_root_path:
/volumes/cephfs_data_pool_ec21_subvolumegroup/cluster_inventory_subvolume/ecfdf977-1fdb-4474-b8dd-c3bedb42620e
You mentioned about uuid changing. The path also contains subvolume name
too. What exact subvolume operations are involved in the use case?