Mark,

Yesterday I blew away all the objects and restarted my test using
multiple buckets, and things are definitely better!

After ~20 hours I've already uploaded ~3.5 million objects, which much
is better then the ~1.5 million I did over ~96 hours this past
weekend.  Unfortunately it seems that things have slowed down a bit.
The average upload rate over those first 20 hours was ~48
objects/second, but now I'm only seeing ~20 objects/second.  This is
with 18,836 buckets.

Bryan