Le 06/09/2013 12:12, Nigel Williams a écrit :
On 06/09/2013, at 7:49 PM, "Bernhard Glomm" <bernhard.gl...@ecologic.eu> wrote:
Can I introduce the cluster network later on, after the cluster is deployed and
started working?
(by editing ceph.conf, push it to the cluster members and restart the daemons?)
Thanks Bernhard for asking this question, I have the same question. To
rephrase, if we use ceph-deploy to setup a cluster, what is the recommended way
to add the cluster/client networks later on?

It seems that ceph-deploy provides a minimal ceph.conf, not explicitly defining
OSDs, how is this file later re-populated with the missing detail?

Hello,

I have done that last week.
After having created and used my initial cluster without cluster network, I have added the public an cluster network lines in ceph.con, pushed it to the nodes and restarted the osd demons. Looking at the interfaces traffic (with bwm-ng) I see that the cluster network is now used.
(you can also look at established connextions with ss).

--
Gilles Mocellin
Nuage Libre